Saturday, July 11, 2009

Heyloo all! Well, training has now been 13 days long, and what a 13 days it has been! Robin, Adrian and Winston have all said a bit about training, but I shall recap a bit: well the first week as you know was with our Peru and Kenya team friends, but we have had the place all to ourselves for the last 6 days. Dance has been h-core, but super good, and the cardio has improved greatly after 2 months of zero dancing. Our lovely Chelsea has been our mom and making all of our delicious meals-her touch in the kitchen has been such a blessing to all of us. It has been really awesome to spend this time together as a team, and as a family. Seriously though, definitely a family-we've been doing everything together-eating, dishes, cleaning, dancing, chilling, laundry, etc!
Our last dance practice was Thursday, and then Friday we took a day of rest...until 2:00 when we headed into Calgary, got lost a few times, and eventually made it to the CFAM youth conference where we had a performance-our first performance since April! woot woot! The evening started out with many of us kinda tired and unenergetic, but after much prayer and the adrenalin kick, the show went very well. Lots of mistakes, for sure, but we know that the Lord was glorified through it. Winston's brother-in-law was our connection to the conference, and when he prayed for us before the show, his passion and love for the Lord was so evident. I believe God is going to do amazing things in the lives of the youth that are there this weekend, and pray that they will be permanent life-changing experiences for them. The Lord has blessed us greatly, and is contstantly doing so!
Well, it is currently 3:39 pm which means that we are barely over an hour from when we are leaving VTI and on our way to the airport. In approximately 16 hours we will be standing in the Heathrow airport in London, Lord willing! Not gonna lie, I am a leeeettle bit nervous for the flight-I have only ever flown once, and I was 6 years old :s. However, I think it will be an enjoyable experience and perhaps I will get to sit beside some cute old lady and I can tell her about Jesus! And hey, to live is Christ, and to die is gain, so if I happen to die on this flight I still know where I'm going! Haha, that's optimism for ya! But, I have a feeling that the Lord wants us to make it to England for the sake of the lost sheep there. We are praying however that everything will go smoothly with immigration, and trusting that the Lord will work everything out to His will in this. Alrighty, well farewell Canada, and peace out everybody! I'm sure you'll hear all about the flight tomorrow! God Bless!
-Jacee <3

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Jacee! I knew (well, figured) it was you writing as soon as I got to the "leeeetle bit nervous" part ;) (specifically the 'leeeetle' oh, and the telling the cute old lady about Jesus)I still have your prayer card in my bible and will be praying for you guys like crazy these next few weeks (when I'm not praying about my leetle camper friends, that is) =p love you all and I pray God would bless you abundantly with love, peace, wisdom and unity as you step out in his Name.

    -Kendra Joy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Fear Jacee! The best place to be is in His Hand... and dats where ya be! true story! woot!
    many blessings on you guys! know that you are being lifted up in prayer by the body and that our living and loving Lord hears those prayers!

    ReplyDelete