Friday, July 17, 2009

'Ello Bruvv!


Hey RU supporters and family! Let me tell you, our days have been FULL. It's usually when we're halfway through our ministry each day that I really feel ready for a break, but by the time I get in bed I wonder where the day has gone.

Yesterday we danced out the gospel for two groups of 400 students at a secular school. I found it very interesting how a disclaimer was given before each of our shows... staff really need to cover their butt before they present Jesus. In such a diverse city as London, kids of many different religions have seen and will be seeing our show.

It was very new to us performing our "Want More" show in front such a secular audience. Certainly, people who do not follow Jesus have seen the show before, but I've really only performed with this group at venues which support Jesus. To do our final drime "Everything" in front of this year 8/9 audience, to see and hear them laugh as I'm tormented by demons, and then to hear them laugh and applaud as Jesus is crucified... that was new for me. I felt like throwing up. Several kids were asking yesterday if the relationship between my character and Jesus was gay. Adrian commented that when these students grow up in a culture that says a close relationship between two men is a gay, of course that they are going to think that.

That event was the closest thing I have yet experienced to knowing what it would have been like to see my Saviour mocked as he was actually crucified. It was definitely an 'oh' moment. We read Matthew 5:1-12 this morning, and in light of yesterday, it has greater signicance to me. As awful as it felt, I do pray that I get to share and witness that humiliation every day... that the gospel would become more and more alive to me, that a complacent and beige lifestyle would become less and less an option.


I also got to share my life for 4 minutes with two different classes of girls yesterday about how the Lord delivered me from living a gay lifestyle. Learning more and more how to share and what to share and WHY. One class laughed as I spoke, taking my focus off of Him. Robin Baldwin my said I spoke well but she questioned my heart...seeing me shift in focus, not fully aiming to glorify the Lord BY the Lord, but going on my own steam- really appreciated that. She said that it is in the times that I share that she best sees the man I am. It was really difficult trying to explain my testimony later when the girls asked questions. The words came quickly but their eyes rarely seemed to click.

In summary, I'm loving my time here. Some hard growth and feeling myself being emptied... and I'm so thankful to Him and I count it a privilege.

Please pray for our physical and spiritual health.

Kevin

1 comment:

  1. Powerful words Kevin. know that you and the team remain in my prayers. be encouraged and keep on shinning! Our Lord is Good, Big, and Faithful!

    ReplyDelete