Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Londonified! LOOOOOVE it!

Hello all! Jacee here! Well, its been some time, in fact my last bloggifyingness was the day that we left for England. And as you all know from these past-WE'RE HERE!!!! And it has been AMAZING!!! There have been ups and not-so-ups but it has been quite a wonderful time of God's work. He has been constantly performing small miracles in each of our lives, and the people that we have all met have been blessings to us in different ways. I have met and been able to talk with several different people both Christian and totally not, and have been so blessed by their stories and their open ears.
OK, so one small little update-as it may have been mentioned, we were supposed to be doing 2 different dance camps this week at the church-for both primary and secondary ages. I say 'we were supposed to' because that would imply a small change. Due to some sickness within the team, we have had to cancel the camps for the sake of the kids and their health. There have been some minor colds and such, but a couple people that have been taking a bit more of a beating healthwise. Therefore we have decided to, until health improves, cancel the camps as I said, and we have also rearranged living spaces strategically so that the few people who are somewhat sick will have less chance of getting the rest of us sick. We were seperate groups for yesterday, all of us having the chance to relax which was actually quite beautiful. Those of us who are still healthy had to explain the last minute decision of cancelling the camps to all of the walk in registrants which was rather depressing, but the day was actually quite the blessing. I got to spend a ton of time in the Word, and I also managed to get a little further into an amazing book I have been trying to get done-Falling in Love With Jesus by Dee Brestin and Kathy Troccolli. I was able to do alot of my reading in a local park, and this is where my story of the day will come from: While spending my time on a comfortable bench in the park, reading and enjoying the light rays of sun on my face, this interesting older man came and sat in the bench across from me. He was rather grungy looking and basically just sat there drinking beer for an hour, enjoying watching the families in the park. After finishing my reading for the day, I decided to go over and talk to him-Joseph is his name. I had quite a difficult time understanding him, but it was a good conversation from what I could tell. I was able to share the Gospel with him, and it was in a way that I have never shared it before, but the Lord was a fire in my heart and I really enjoyed at least trying to understand his responses. He claimed that he believed the Gospel, already knew and had accepted Jesus' forgiveness, and that he tried to live for Christ, so I wasn't sure what to think because he seemed like such a sad man. I gave him a Bible though, and asked him to try to read it whenever he could. I think he was very touched. But not as touched as I was when I walked away from the park with a smile like I haven't had the whole trip. Praise God for He is wonderful! Today was also a good and relaxing day, and a few of us got to go and see St. Paul's Cathedral which was quite amazing! Then we had a picnic as a whole, and that was also nice, but cold :)
Keep us in your prayers as we wait on the Lord for His healing within the team, and hope that the rest of us won't get sick! He is still priveleging us with serving Him and spreading His truth, giving us the boldness we need to do it!
God Bless all!
<3 Jacee
ps-check these out! These are a couple vids of us doing some street stuff at Kingston-the best day of the trip for me so far!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bjSEEwy5wQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx89TY7qCqs

No comments:

Post a Comment