Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lovely Jubbly!

Hi friends and family! It's Kevin, here!
Well, with mere days left of this incredible time, I find myself thinking about the incredible blessing that it has been to make such awesome friends here. My host for the first 2 weeks of my stay just sent me a lovely book and souvenir, Marcus the cagefighter has been such an uplifting presence to me, and I spent a night with the family I'm staying with now eating pizza and playing with them on the ps3. These people have invested so much into the team... I find myself eager to host others when I get home so that I can follow after the radical discipleship I have witnessed here; I have learned so much about hospitality.

I'm also learning more about sharing my testimony. Again, I saw two girls laughing as I shared about my life and made a point of asking them to quiet down... But they later came to a dance camp and I found it difficult to connect... Quite the lesson in humility. In the future I hope to speak with more confidence and focus so that in the event I encounter an audience who doesn't know how to respond respectfully I am able to press on, preserving my chance of making a connection with them later. This is a new stage for me, and making mistakes along the way is all part of the journey, and I'm so thankful for the experience. Sometimes I would prefer to just crawl into a small dark hole afterwards, feeling like a total failure, but a friend's words often resonate in my heart when I feel this way, that I shouldn't 'beat myself up about it, because the Lord has already taken the beating for me.' Constantly being reminded of my old identity, it can be a challenge to remember who I am now in Jesus, but I know that he who has begun a good work in me will carry it out to completion.

A prayer request for me in these last few days would be that the rest of my financial support will come in. I was so blessed to hear that while I have been gone, 1000 dollars have come in.

Thank you for your faithful support to our team, we are greatly blessed by it.

Love Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment